In 2018 ECTerra was invited by a Nigerian client to visit their fields in the Kaduna state. It very soon became clear that a full update of all permits was required and that we will have to get involved in planning of a granite quarry. ECTerra started all activities from scratch, trained the client in applying high standards with regards to social development and environmental impact. We identified Richflood as local partner for the purpose of applying for all required permits while ECTerra carried out all planning and construction of a 1Mtpa quarry. Eventually the project became a show case for the local Government with regards to following all legal requirements and additionally applying extra standards.
The project started with production in Jan 2021 and produces currently around 20,000 t of aggregates per month. ECTerra stays on board for training and education of all local staff and introducing further HSE rules during production.
- Economic Study Large Scale Granite Quarry
- Develop Granite Quarry from greenfield
- Implementation of international standards
- Project Management Quarry
- Advising on business development strategy
- Supervision of construction
- Training of staff
- Production management and planning of further expansion