Morrua is the oldest tantalite mine in the world. It was first operated in 1958 and remained in production until 1977. The mine was seriously damaged during the civil war. In 1994, a feasibility study to restart the Morrua mine was launched. It was completed by mid 1998. In 1999, KHA reviewed the study and a revised scope of the project was completed in October 2000.
The client asked for complete Project Management of the construction and production phase:
- Project Lead
- Project Management Exploration and Infrastructure
- Set up of mine & mine infrastructure
- Set up of camp & office facilities
- Supervision of mine planning
- Installation of processing plant
- Operation & production management
- Leading of regional exploration
- Planning of strategic investment
If you are interested in similar services, please contact us.