The Putu Iron Ore project is situated in the SE of Liberia in Grand Gedeh county. The mountain range contains one of Liberia’s largest resource of high grade Irone ore.
Russia’s second-biggest steel producer Severstal owns 100 percent of the Putu project — a 13 km (8 mile) long iron rich ridge around 130 km inland from the coast in eastern Liberia.
The company estimates iron ore resources of up to 4.4 billion tonnes at the site. It has completed a feasibility study and received a mining license from the government in 2014.
ECTerra has delivered the following on this iron ore mining project:
- Planning and managing Pre-feasibility and Feasibility of a multi-billion USD project
- Budgeting (currently > 50 MUSD p annum)
- Coordination of national and int. consulting groups
- Coordinating tender processes with construction companies
- Supervision of daily activities – Mine camp and HQ Monrovia
- Government Relation / Corporate Affairs Management
- Community Relation Management
- Negotiations of contracts, SoWs, ToRs
- Human Resource Management in cooperation with the HR Manager
- Responsible for > 500 staff
- Training of staff regarding management, project schedules and budgeting
- Coordination of all department and sub-contractors
If you are interested in similar services, please contact us.